May 7, 2014

Wedding Wednesday - Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wow. My wedding day was beyond amazing. I cannot tell you how happy I was that day and how I wish I could live it all over again. But I can’t, so I’ll tell you about it so that I can at least try and remember everything.

I think the best way to do this is to break it down by days, because it wasn’t just Saturday, it started on Sunday which was the first day I took off work and ended on Monday my last day off.

THURSDAY – APRIL 24th 2014

On top of the wedding I still had a lot I had to get done for our new home. While I had moved a lot of things over prior to this date, there were still things that I needed to move so that I had them available when I finally moved in on Sunday. My mom and I took the kids to school and then began running errands. I had to do some returns and then make some purchases. I still didn’t have trash cans, sheets, and other necessities. We were lucky in that Jonathan’s friend asked him over for a play date that afternoon, which gave us some more time to run errands and to move things to the new place. Have I mentioned that my condo is less than 2 blocks from my parents place? It has made moving very convenient. Since we don’t have a truck, we’ve been working one Toyota Corolla filled with items at a time. During the errands I also headed to the market to pick up some food items (and FRUIT! I was craving fruit!).

It was a long day. And still it wasn’t over. My maid of honor arrived from Washington (state) at 5:30 that evening and we went from the airport to a restaurant for some drinks. I hadn’t seen Lauren since 2012 and it was great seeing her. She is getting married on 5-10-15! She actually got engaged a few months before me!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I don’t know what I would have done without her! After dinner we picked up my niece and headed to the condo to start getting organized for the next couple of days. At the last minute I decided to make jello shots for the party so she helped me get started on that. My fridge was full of jello shots by Friday night!  Beyond that I basically gave her the to-do lists I had created so that she knew what had to get done. She had to expand on the list as the night went on and well into Friday, but it was a good starting point. It was such a relief to have someone helping me and not having to carry or figure it all out on my own. Handing over the reins was so nice.

My sister, along with her husband and the kids were driving down on Thursday night but didn’t make it in until past midnight, so they went straight to my parents’ house. Laurent, Nikki, and I went to sleep around11pm.

Next week will be part two…

 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png


  1. And the awesome wedding re-cap begins! I can't wait to hear more!

  2. Yay, I can't wait to see this all unfold!!! :) You're going to have fun re-living it!