What a fun topic!!! I am guilty of participating in a ton of different fans while growing up in the 1990’s. Here are the ones I remember.
- POGs. I still have mine! Thomas thinks his are still in his moms’ garage somewhere. They are fun!
- Beanie Babies – I still have several of mine. My sister had a huge collection and I’m sure many of them still roam my moms’ house.
- Trolls – I had trolls growing up, but not too many.
- Tamagotchi/Nano pet – Yup. I had more than one. I even remember buying it at Mervyn’s. Those were the good times!
- Pokemon – I didn’t participate in this, but my husband was (is) an expert!
- Mini backpacks – I know I had one, but I’m sure there were more.
- Snap bracelets – who doesn’t love these??
- Scrunchies – I had many of these, although my hair is so thin that they didn’t stay in well.
- Drunkaroo’s – These are awesome. I actually found some at Wal*Mart a couple of years ago and bought a bunch. Cinnamon Sugar cookies with frosting. Delicious!
I’m sure some people would add boy bands to the list, but since Backstreet Boys are still around 21+ years later I think they can be kept off of the fad list.
As I added the pictures to this post I started feeling vey nostalgic. Partly this is due to me sharing a lot of those fads with my sister. Those were the good old days I guess.